Saturday, April 5, 2008

Longing


So I was in Columbus this past weekend with my dear friend for an Early Childhood Education Conference. And as I just loved the Diversity of the city, I found myself sobbing Friday night at Easton Center, as I watched all the African-American people, and came across a girl who reminded me of my dear Pamela from Uganda, and was approached by a teenager who was a Bashir but 10 years older!! Bashir, (photo above) a young boy who lives in a slum in Uganda and has the privelage and honor of attending Eden Literacy School there in Uganda. My friend looked at me, and says your heart is in Africa isn't it? And it's almost been a year since I have been there, but yes, my heart is still there, and longs to be there again soon!


Thank you to all who read this, and pray for us! I love you all so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bashir is darling - what a beautiful smile.

While you're longing for Africa, I'm so glad you're still in Ohio...

Angela said...

Just wanted to tell you that I have added your link to our devo blog. I know we have a few in our group that have been to Africa or are very active in ministry there.

We love you a ton and hope that you know that this is in His great hands. He put the desire there because He knew you would answer the call.

God Bless...