Monday, March 23, 2009

Just.....




As you can see in this picture of the shed, the sign above it says "Just A Shed". As I drove past this last week, I thought to myself, hmmm, yes here in America that is just a shed. Just an added building to our homes for the storage of our stuff. I was amazed at it's beauty, the nice metal doors, with handcrafted design, elegant doorknobs that lock, and the nice windows on each side of the shed, giving light to the lawn mower stored inside. Then tears came to my eyes, and I capture the picture of what I saw in Africa. The "just a shed" buildings made out of scrap metal, mud, whatever resources they can find and how it is not just a shed, it is there Home. Home to many people who will all squeeze into to sleep at night, with no beds, no windows, no door with locking doorknobs.

"Just A Home"



Lord, may we never take for granted the "Just A Shed" things we have. I thank you for making my heart ache for the people of Africa, who take such Pride in their "sheds", (homes).

"If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the Love of God be in him?? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:17-18

Jesus, thank you for your truth. Thank you for opening the door up for us to not just love in words, but to take action in truth by going to Kenya to seek justice for the poor and needy! To take your Word and spread it to those who's ears are open to hear it. I love you Lord









3 comments:

Jenny said...

Janell, It's comforting to know someone else in the world thinks like I do. Thanks for sharing your heart! I hope it wakes up a little!

Angela said...

AMEN!!

Jenny said...

I meant "I hope it wakes US up a little!" but maybe you got the point! :)