Sunday, October 26, 2008

Passenger seat

You'd think by now that I would have learned that God would rather me be in the passenger seat, and not the drivers seat! So once again I learn my lesson of this while driving my life into some pot holes! Amazing how it's when I'm in the pot holes God reveals more and more of himself to me (us)! In the most recent pot whole, I began hearing God say...sit and relax in the passenger seat, I'm in control here, allow me to drive. Thankfully I obeyed and as a result God has openened up some amazing opportunities for us while in Kenya. Up until this point I (we) had been spending way to much time trying to figure out what we were gonna be doing. Then I got myself in the hole, and there was God picking me up out of it, revealing to me His plans. And I am now honored and blessed to share His plans for us!

Soccer camp ministry with Pamela's brother-in-law, who runs an Soccer NGO within the Kibera slums in Nairobi

VBS with Pamela's families church also in slum area

Orphanage in Arusha

Without going into a book length explanation of how God revealed these ministries to us, I can say it was done in only a way God could do! It can only be described as Indescribable....I think of the song from Chris Tomlin Indescribable! God is an amazing God! And I am so honored and blessed to be joining Him in the work He has planned for us.

No comments: