Friday, October 10, 2008

School Again??

Yes it is true, I am back in school again. Okay so it may be Missions School, but for me it's a big deal. In the Spring Bob and I finished up the Perspecitves Missions School, and now I so proudly hang my Certificate. Now I am doing Mission Bridge a branch off of YWAM New York. I had my first class this past week, and it was amazing. The cool thing is it's really different from the Perspectives course. It focuses a lot more on God's character, and our relationship with Him, and how that all blends so well into Gods mandate for us in Missions. One thing that has really stuck out to me from last weeks class is the putting aside our own agenda and allowing God to work and make the agenda. How our purpose is to join God in the work He is doing. I have been struggling with some life issues, and just the night before class I had been sharing with my cousin about life, and I kept saying I just don't know what to do, and she said that perhaps I myself do not need to do anything right now, live it out day by day and allow God to work, to see what He is doing and join Him. God is so amazing in His work, and in His ways of speaking to me and confirming His ways to me! So I have released a lot this past week to God, and have been totally blessed at how He has opened up doors for Bob and I and for our trip this upcoming summer. To my friends and family who have been praying I thank you, I can feel the power of your prayers and am so blessed by it.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I recently did a post on the fruit of the Spirit and I referenced John 15, and how without abiding in Jesus we bear now fruit. A good friend likes to say "rest" in Jesus. It isn't us that does all the fruit growing, it's Jesus. We hang and let his agenda (fruit) grow on our branches.

I am so glad you are finding encouragement and rest. God has a way of renewing our spirits when we seem at our weakest. Or, is it when we finally admit them? I'm not sure, but I know he does show when the timing is perfect :D

I am glad you first class went so well. I can't wait to hear (read) more about it. You know, there are a few of us out here living vicariously through your adventure.